If you are wondering about senior living in Palm Springs by Mariposa, you have found the perfect guide to knowing more about the area and the services that are offered within our senior living community.
About Palm Springs
A desert resort city in Riverside County, not only is Palm Springs the largest city within the county, but it is also a prime location for winter sports and for a relaxing retirement.
Recreational Parks in Palm Springs
If you are looking to enjoy an afternoon away from the hustle and bustle of the city, here are some parks to visit.
- Moorten Botanical Garden: Located on Palm Canyon Drive, this garden has over 3000 species of desert plants as well as a variety of native artifacts, crystals, and rocks.
- Coachella Valley Preserve: A prime location for hiking, picnics, and bird watching, there are many trails and paths to explore within this lush green nature preserve.
Popular Arts & Entertainment in Palm Springs
If you are looking to be inspired by the arts, there are also many options to explore.
- Palm Springs Art Museum: This is a collection of three locations that are devoted to displaying performances, architecture, design, and sculpture that are unique to the area across different mediums.
- The Living Desert – Plein Air Art Collection: This is a permanent art exhibition within the Chase Administration building that features 49 paintings by 22 of the best artists in California.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets in Palm Springs
Check out these locations for the perfect shopping excursion.
- Backstreet Art District: If you are shopping for locally produced artwork, this is the best place to visit for offerings and studios by notable local artists.
- Downtown Palm Springs: This is a must-go for anyone visiting Palm Springs. There is a wide variety of specialty shops, boutiques, and gift shops for people looking to have the perfect shopping trip.
Best Schools in Palm Springs
At the end of the day, Palm Springs is the perfect location for the whole family with multiple options for great schools.
- Cielo Vista Charter: With test scores and academic progress above state average, you can be sure that students here are getting the educational support that they need.
- Katherine Finchy Elementary: The students at this school are doing well above state average with good reason – their teachers also have experience and certifications that are well above state average.
Why Choose Mariposa?
At Mariposa, we believe that the best way to live life is stress-free and worry-free. This is so that you can be sure to focus on the things that truly matter like exploring your hobbies and passions. On top of the varied area attractions, you can also be sure to enjoy services like housekeeping, maintenance, and complimentary transportation services within our senior living community. In fact, our wide range of different events and activities are sure to fill each day with joy and purpose.
To find out more about the different senior living programs at Mariposa, contact us or schedule a tour to visit our beautiful grounds today!