If you are interested in making the best of your golden years, senior living in Ocean Ridge by Mariposa is the perfect solution for you! Other than the amazing programs and amenities that are offered on-site, the location alone features many exciting attractions to value-add to your life.
About Ocean Ridge
With a population of just under two thousand, Ocean Ridge is a small coastal town located in Palm Beach County. With beautiful beachfront views and amazing attractions to take a look at, this is one of the best places to live and relax.
Recreational Parks in Ocean Ridge
If you are planning to take a trip or to move down to the area, you simply cannot miss the amazing outdoor parks. Here are some of our favorites.
- Ocean Ridge Hammock Park: Spanning across eight acres, this is a beautiful beach that is open to the public from sunrise to sunset. While there are outdoor showers for those who would like to take a dip in the ocean, do take note that there are no restrooms available on-site.
- Boynton Beach Oceanfront Park: One of the more popular public beaches in the area, there are lifeguards on duty all days of the week. If you are planning a family outing, there is also a café nearby and benches and picnic tables available.
Popular Arts & Entertainment in Ocean Ridge
If you are looking for other forms of entertainment, you can also head down to some of our top picks listed below.
- Boynton Beach Pirate and Mermaid Fest: This is a street fair that is located around Ocean Ave with many different spaces for the participants to enjoy. There are food stores, carnival games, and even live performances to enjoy even on free admission.
- Schoolhouse Children’s Museum & Learning Center: Featuring many interactive activities, children across a wide age group will be able to learn about different areas and communal spaces. This is perfect not just as a classroom, but also for special events, birthday parties, or even field trips for the young ones in your family.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets in Ocean Ridge
If you have worked up an appetite, these are the best dining and shopping options for you to head down to.
- Holy Hog Barbecue: Serving authentic and real American barbecue, you can be sure that you will be served amazing meats and sides. On top of the amazing food, the ambience at the restaurant is warm and welcoming as the owners are truly dedicated to community building.
- Le Sorelle Restaurant: Offering authentic Italian food, this is a more elegant setting for a night out. You will find that there are two wood-burning ovens for the best tasting food.
Best Schools in Ocean Ridge
Ocean Ridge is not just a place for older adults, but also perfect for families with children who are looking to settle into schools.
- Morikami Park Elementary School: Firmly established as one of the best elementary schools in Florida, you can be sure that your children will have teachers who truly take their time to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the academic material.
- Western Academy Charter School: Located in the Palm Beach County School District, this school has a ratio of 16 students to a teacher ensuring that the teachers are not overwhelmed and are able to foster proper bonds with each student that facilitates teaching.
Why Choose Mariposa?
Here at Mariposa, we truly believe in improving the lives of all our residents. Whether it is through specially curated programs or by providing the best environment possible, you can be sure that you will experience exceptional care and support during your stay here.
To find out more about the different senior living programs at Mariposa, contact us or schedule a tour to visit our beautiful grounds today!